Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"If we’re going to change Montana, going to build a new image for the state, it has to start now. Collaboration I will point to as the number one leadership issue of the 21st century,"
Last week, the National Association for Female Executives, while releasing its “Top 30 Companies for Executive Women” annual report, said that lack of targeted training — not lack of ambition — blocks women’s advancement to the highest ranks of corporate America. The companies lauded in the report — including Hewlett-Packard of Palo Alto, the only Silicon Valley company on the list — are all credited with having exemplary programs to prepare women for top positions.
Question: Do you have anything to share regarding the subject of asking the right questions? Someone once said "Forget the answers; focus on asking the right questions."
Tragically, some leaders get to the point where they fire individuals who don’t praise them sufficiently.
“We see a real strong sense of dissatisfaction about all segments of state leadership,” said Webb Brown, Montana Chamber President. “It’s pretty much across the board.”
The Soul of a Sports Machine – Study the leadership secrets of an extraordinary high-school football coach.
Trust your team, but help them to become trustworthy.
A new, four-part radio series, entitled "Leadership Across Boundaries," profiles the work of innovative grassroots leaders who are addressing challenges in communities across the world. The series is based on interviews conducted at a summer…
Most of our Premier 100 leaders cringe at being singled out of the IT crowd for a special honor. Yet they each lead in a unique way, shaped by their company cultures, their backgrounds, their experience. They would all tell you they’re not doing anything unusual, which is where we have to respectfully disagree.
These six leaders stepped into their top jobs at a time of enormous challenge. Here’s what each of them has to say about their approach to passing today’s tough test and setting the agenda for the future.
To paraphrase Bill Shore, a compass — more than brains or money — is a leader’s most valuable tool. Next time you are asked to lead, pick up a compass. Take a moment to get your bearings. Become a leader, support those who choose to lead and thank those who have risked leadership.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts