Utah Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Last year, more than 500 people from 21 states signed up for the inaugural conference, which featured sessions on entrepreneurship, working lands, main streets and downtowns, arts and culture and community journalism. This year, renewable energy has been added as a track.
Utah’s film industry is currently riding a boom time, with permits issued to film crews almost doubling from 2016 to 2017 and the state’s entire incentive budget getting tapped out just a couple of months into the 2018 fiscal year.
"The Silicon Slopes Tech Summit will become Utah’s replacement for Outdoor Retailer," said Clint Betts, Silicon Slopes executive director. "We expect 40,000-50,000 in the next three to five years."
The program run through the Governor’s Office of Economic Development has $2.5 million available this year for competitive grants to small businesses and university teams to help fast-track commercialization of technology innovations.
OpenCounter is a customized guide to help applicants achieve their project goals, while outlining the permits, and fees required.
With cash from the University of Utah, four student teams spent the summer focused on their startups. Here’s how they did.
"What if there was a way to transmit the TV audio through my phone so I can listen anywhere I want without bothering anyone?" Mahidov thought.
Employees at Lucid Software in South Jordan know that any time there’s a good powder day in the winter, the owner won’t be in early — he’ll go skiing instead. And they can, too, as long as they do what needs to get done.
While the program is still in the design stage, Betts said it will help address the three main issues facing Utah’s tech industry: diversity, recruiting and education.
"Coupled with its incentive program, experienced crew and the Park City Studios, I think Utah is at the forefront of what will become a much bigger film industry."
- Come Home Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- Montana Department of Commerce
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts