Come Home South Dakota
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
This position requires the incumbent to have experience in grants management, developing economic development stategies for regions or communities and analyze socio-economic trends within regions or communities.
Traditionally known for its Corn Palace, the South Dakota city has invested in high-tech infrastructure and created a new identity based on old strengths of community.
At 4.3 percent South Dakota’s unemployment rate was about half the national average of 8.3 percent in February and the nation’s third lowest.
While governors in almost every other state are focused on bringing businesses to their states to help put millions of unemployed residents back to work, Governor Daugaard faces the opposite problem: not enough workers for the jobs that do exist.
The hope is that Mobridge’s 3,500 residents can see the possibilities for their town – at no cost – while students gain valuable planning experience in a real-world setting.
The company trains teachers to use its platform and curriculum, and then lets them set their own hours and teach the English classes from home or from an Eleutian center.
"It is said that as a somewhat deflated George Armstrong Custer lay bleeding in the Montana dirt at Little Big Horn, he turned his glazed and dimming eyes east and said, ‘At least we don’t have to go back through South Dakota.’ "
South Dakota now has a brain gain.
The Sioux Falls area had the second-lowest jobless rate in the country in October at 2.5%, according to the latest figure from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The lowest was Bismarck, N.D.
Responsibilities will include planning, zoning, code enforcement, and strategic growth and development.
- Come Home Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- MATR SPONSORS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- iConnect Montana
- Montana Department of Commerce
- The MDT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- Northwestern Energy
- Printing For Less
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- 2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts