Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Proceed cautiously — telework can change office dynamics in ways you hadn’t anticipated
Report: Telecommuting Presents Privacy and Security Risks to Organizations That Don’t Implement Complete Planning
Personal and private information related to both employees and their employers may be compromised by telecommuting staff if privacy risks are not dealt with effectively, according to a new report developed by Ernst &Young LLP and the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT).
"Within five years, technology will obliterate the need for business travel." – Inspired by new videoconferencing technologies and rising fuel costs
AT&T has reportedly reduced employee air miles by 15% through video conferencing and Web meetings, while Accenture plans to have 22 video conferencing rooms installed around the world by the end of this year.
"Rising fuel prices, the escalating cost of commuting to work, worsening traffic congestion and reduced air quality compel a change in the business culture of state agencies." Governor Timothy M. Kaine
"We took the data center, we shrunk it, put it in a brightly colored box and rolled one into every office," Merrill explains. "Then we built a whole bunch of tools that work in the background to verify that the LDAP change made in one place is replicated to all the other offices-in-a-box around the world."
"Higher education is a magnet that brings young people to Iowa,” he said. "If we give them a good education, show them a good enough time while they’re here, we’ll get our fair share of those who want to do their careers here.”
Every American adult gripes about the price of daily life, from a gallon of milk to a posh dinner. But in some areas, where ever-increasing living costs and real estate prices are pitted against lackluster salaries and job growth, complaints are more legitimate. There’s no way around it — such locales are anything but bargains.
"With national gas prices hovering near $3 a gallon, American workers could suffer less pain at the pump if they took advantage of workplace telecommuting policies,"
Out of College, but Now Living in Urban Dorms. Community of the overeducated and underpaid in New York.
“To the degree that housing costs become a barrier to that group, it can in the long run sap us of that creative potential that we would otherwise have.”
Constant improvements in technology and global communications virtually guarantee that the future will bring much more offshoring of "impersonal services" — that is, services that can be delivered electronically over long distances with little or no degradation in quality.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts