Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Proceed cautiously — telework can change office dynamics in ways you hadn’t anticipated
Report: Telecommuting Presents Privacy and Security Risks to Organizations That Don’t Implement Complete Planning
Personal and private information related to both employees and their employers may be compromised by telecommuting staff if privacy risks are not dealt with effectively, according to a new report developed by Ernst &Young LLP...
"Within five years, technology will obliterate the need for business travel." – Inspired by new videoconferencing technologies and rising fuel costs
AT&T has reportedly reduced employee air miles by 15% through video conferencing and Web meetings, while Accenture plans to have 22 video conferencing rooms installed around the world by the end of this year.
"Rising fuel prices, the escalating cost of commuting to work, worsening traffic congestion and reduced air quality compel a change in the business culture of state agencies." Governor Timothy M. Kaine
"We took the data center, we shrunk it, put it in a brightly colored box and rolled one into every office," Merrill explains. "Then we built a whole bunch of tools that work in the...
"Higher education is a magnet that brings young people to Iowa,” he said. "If we give them a good education, show them a good enough time while they’re here, we’ll get our fair share of...
Every American adult gripes about the price of daily life, from a gallon of milk to a posh dinner. But in some areas, where ever-increasing living costs and real estate prices are pitted against lackluster...
"With national gas prices hovering near $3 a gallon, American workers could suffer less pain at the pump if they took advantage of workplace telecommuting policies,"
Out of College, but Now Living in Urban Dorms. Community of the overeducated and underpaid in New York.
“To the degree that housing costs become a barrier to that group, it can in the long run sap us of that creative potential that we would otherwise have.”
Constant improvements in technology and global communications virtually guarantee that the future will bring much more offshoring of "impersonal services" — that is, services that can be delivered electronically over long distances with little or...
- MATR SPONSORS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- iConnect Montana
- Montana Department of Commerce
- The MDT Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Office of Tourism & Economic Development
- Northwestern Energy
- Printing For Less
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Come Home Montana
- Montana Economic Developers Association
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- 2019 Montana Legislature and Politics
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts