Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Out of College, but Now Living in Urban Dorms. Community of the overeducated and underpaid in New York.
“To the degree that housing costs become a barrier to that group, it can in the long run sap us of that creative potential that we would otherwise have.”
Constant improvements in technology and global communications virtually guarantee that the future will bring much more offshoring of "impersonal services" — that is, services that can be delivered electronically over long distances with little or no degradation in quality.
He gets some wise guy grief from a few of his friends, John Kuc says. They go on about what a free and easy time he has of it – lolling around the house all day, working when he feels like it, kicking back, no stress, no problem.
"We think some (law) firms will jump out ahead and realize some significant cost savings" through offshore outsourcing, said Michael Short, vice president in the Washington, D.C., office of legal consulting firm Hildebrandt International. "In the highly competitive world of law firms, that’s going to require countermoves."
If you’re seeking to relocate, consider targeting areas where the average commute time is minimal.
“Ultimately, young people are going to go or stay where there are good jobs, and firms going to grow or stay where there are good people,"
"Companies realize they will soon be faced with a mass exodus of their most qualified people," says Donna Wadleigh, manager of member services at YourEncore.com. By tapping into the new networks, she adds, "companies can bring back highly skilled people that provide value immediately."
The stampede to outsource over the past few years has trampled more than one company.
It’s a rare industry in which companies are not searching for ways to trim payrolls and improve control over their staff, which today may include telecommuters, flex-shift employees, and overseas workers all putting in hours at different locations. "With many businesses having trouble finding qualified workers and facing heightened competition, workforce management software provides a relatively painless was to track down and eliminate needless expenditures," says David O’Connell, a senior analyst at technology research firm Nucleus Research. "The software also allows businesses to standardize rules and procedures across different work sites."
As contracting out work has become the norm for many companies looking to cut costs and gain efficiencies, the number of virtual businesses cropping up to fill those needs is climbing dramatically, experts say.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts