Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Flathead Valley Community College’s $3 million advanced manufacturing grant was celebrated during the school’s fourth annual spring luncheon Monday.
After all the talk about the need for more tech workers to fuel the industry’s growth, perhaps it’s time to look at what’s being done to hang on to employees who are already in place, helping their companies continue growing.
"We don’t want companies have to turn down orders because they can’t get workers."
For a number of years, employers have expressed concerns about the Skills Gap – the perceived lack of qualified employees to fill the positions that employers have available.
The National Governors Association (NGA) is targeting the issue this year and will make recommendations in an August report. The aim is to come up with plans that provide workers with disabilities not only a paycheck, but also a deeper sense of purpose and belonging.
The technology is helping institutions add and update programs on short notice so their graduates can land real-world jobs.
Senator’s Trade Adjustment Assistance Legislation to Help More Than 200 Montana Workers Find and Train for New Jobs
School Of Business Administration Career Development Program Speed Networking Event , 3/22, Missoula
The mission for this event is to help business students practice the art of personal introductions & networking, & to have the opportunity to meet professionals who can help them identify potential network contacts relevant to their individual career goals.
The employers who offer internships are simply trying to prepare future workers for the real world.
Extended University offers 21 courses this spring, including two new courses: "iPods, iPads, iTunes and Digital Media" and Dreamweaver: Cascading Style Sheets for mobile devices.
The line-up also includes courses on Excel, Access, Word, QuickBooks, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom and Dreamweaver.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts