University Business Plan Competitions
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Graduate student Chad Miller, who is working toward a master’s degree in business administration, won the $1,500 overall prize for his presentation on Purus, an engineering support operations management firm which bridges the technology and marketing gaps between oil and gas service companies and their customers.
National Science Foundation Community College Business Plan Competition – Students to Provide Solutions for Real World Problems
Teams should propose innovative STEM-based solutions for real world problems within one of the five themes: big data; infrastructure security; sustainability; broadening participation in STEM; and, improving STEM education.
Catheter that emits bacteria-killing light wins $75,000 for University of Utah team – Veritas Medical LLC
The latest $75,000 win comes from International Business Model Competition hosted by Brigham Young University, which drew more than 2,500 teams from 200 schools around the world.
Students from across the state will showcase their entrepreneurial aspirations during the annual John Ruffatto Business Plan Competition.
"Every single student that I engaged was passionate about his or her ideas. Each one of the business plans and concepts can work — and many of them will — which will produce meaningful products, jobs and money."
Get an inside look at the 24th annual John Ruffatto Business Plan Competition at the University of Montana. Students from all of Montana’s higher education institutions are invited to compete for a $10,000 grand prize.
The website launched with five proposals and will only be open to proposals from MBA students for the time being. Organizers plan to include projects from university faculty, staff, students and alumni in the future.
Students who presented include first-place winners Matthew Gangloff and Andrew Burrington, who are both MIS majors. They gave audience members a look at New Leaf Environmental Monitoring, a product designed to monitor chemical toxins in and around the home that will culminate in a citizen-based environmental monitoring movement.
The fund’s objective, according to a description Tufts provided, is to "help the most promising founders launch strong and gain the early traction necessary to raise a larger seed round of financing from top angel or venture capital investors around the country."
Although the daylong competition took place on the UM campus, this wasn’t simply an academic exercise for those involved. It was, rather, focused on helping young innovators move from idea to action.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts