Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Planners and politicians are calling for a revival of Oregon’s "Big Look" — a broad effort to refresh the state’s urban growth and land use planning policies.
"It’s not easy to build a high-talent team in a town with only one flight in a day," said Icebreaker CEO Jeremy Moon of his decision to relocate U.S. headquarters from Ketchum, Idaho.
After a New York Times real estate article points out that on top of being one of America’s most livable cities it is also one of its most affordable, there could be mass migration to Portland.
Record cash – Venture capitalist investments in Oregon companies are their highest since the dot.com flame out
More worrisome is that few high-tech companies have sprung up to take their place.
Lokey, who was born and raised in Portland but never attended UO, has given a total of $132 million to the university in the past four years. He said in an interview that giving to UO is his way of giving back to his home state.
“This tax credit is one of a kind,” Oregon State Treasurer Randall Edwards said. “No other state has a program where donors can receive such a generous tax credit in return for helping move research from lab to market,”
Chefs flock to a city where food is the star, produce is stellar and real estate is cheap.
Portlanders want to preserve the city’s progressive spirit and its caring, healthy, laid-back, environmentally conscious uniqueness. They also want to make sure all residents can share its prosperity.
Portland is trying to align its economic development strategies around sustainability. So, not surprisiingly, a privately-led recruitment effort is focused on a handful of clusters: renewable energy, green-building technology, recycling technology and environmental practices sectors.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts