Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Community fundraising could use focus – Missoulians have many good, ambitious ideas, but couldn’t we tackle fewer at a time?
It just seems more efficient to approach these projects in a logical, linear fashion – one that allows completion of one fundraising effort before launching the next, or at least to attempt fewer things at once. Wouldn’t it be better to finish yesterday’s great idea before moving on to the next new thing?
"Rates of compensation for fund-raisers are pushing against the CEO," he says. "It’s very difficult to find an experienced chief development officer for less than $150,000."
"Missoula provides Vital Ground with a much higher degree of flexibility to reach program areas on short notice and at a lower cost than was possible from Utah," said Wolfe. "This is a need that has become much more urgent during the past three years as the organization expanded from acting primarily as a grant-making foundation to an organization that manages its own habitat conservation projects."
"The new generation wants more than just their name on something; they are looking for ways to show that they have really made a difference."
If you are thinking about becoming more involved in an organization as a board member, (or you already serve) there are some questions you should ask yourself:
The foundation supports Montanans and Montana organizations in visual, performing and literary arts; historical research and preservation; environmental research and conservation; and education and community health.
It’s worth checking out and passing on to others who might find it useful…
"Sarbanes-Oxley doesn’t apply to nonprofits, but like ink in water it’s changing the way they operate,"
Says Montana Congressman Denny Rehberg: “As MAPS enters into its second year, I’m proud that the Florence Prever Rosten Foundation has taken the initiative to found this organization (MAPS) and work for Montana’s middle and high school students”.
"Network approaches may be a tremendously valuable approach in the nonprofit sector that has often been overlooked,"
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts