Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
If you don’t Stretch You don’t know Where the edge Is
Corporate leadership programs tend to be more generic than customized. But Boeing’s approach to leadership training is self-directed and individualized—and it’s paying off. Eighty percent of a leader’s development occurs through on-the-job activities and experiences, not in the classroom.
I’ve come to the conclusion that really good leaders aren’t scarce, they’re scared.
When the information is public, those chosen to be future leaders of the company may feel as if they’ve failed if they don’t reach their potential. Says McKinnon: "It sets a level of expectation which may or may not be realistic in the end."
The Center for Leadership Development at The University of Montana Sponsors 2003 Outstanding Student Leader Contest
The recipient of the award will be recognized by The Center for Leadership Development and will receive an in-state tuition waiver for the following semester.
Masters of Disaster – When new leaders come in to turn around a company, leadership skills win the day.
You have between 30 and 60 days to make an impression as the new leader, to convince everyone that you’re the right person, and to show people that you’re doing something. To make a difference, you have one year.
A Fast Start on Your New Job – "The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels"
Your first ninety days in a new position are fraught with peril—and loaded with opportunity. HBS professor Michael Watkins explains how to get a running start. A Q&A and book excerpt. by Martha Lagace HBS…
"One of the most powerful tools leaders have is the questions they ask." Leaders are paid to make decisions. Everybody gets a voice, but leaders make the decisions.
— Steve Bennett
"Given just minutes, good leaders can affect how we think, what we decide, and, ultimately, what we create."
Women, Fenner said, seem to recoil from the aggressive, in-your-face connotation of "power." They prefer "leadership."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts