Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
In 2005, Omniture was the state’s leading recipient of venture capital investment, raking in $40 million. The deal was the 10th-largest nationwide, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers.
When Lanny Smith moved his manufacturing business from California to Utah, he enjoyed affordable real estate, talented labor and lower taxes. Thursday he reaped another benefit: recognition.
"That means more jobs for us, and it’s a great technology that not only saves lives but is also able to detonate with minimal collateral damage," said Spanish Fork Mayor Joe Thomas.
In metropolitan Utah, the average advertised wage for job openings surveyed climbed to $12.20 an hour, up from $11.20 an hour a year earlier.
Utah schools, state workers find raises too low. Proposed pay package bears no sign of good economy, critics say
"Every poll has said public education is the priority,"
Jerry Fenn, Qwest president for Utah, said the company put customer call centers in Iowa and South Dakota the past two years and could have placed a third anywhere, particularly anywhere in the company’s 14-state local-service area.
Utah gets a peek at business incentives. Economic development: The process of luring businesses to the state is still far from open
The Salt Lake Tribune has filed open-records requests for details about the millions of dollars secretly offered to companies in the past year or so.
Top Utah industry groups, The Utah Information Technology Association and the Utah Life Science Association plan to merge.
"By broadening our scope to become a full technology council, I’m confident we will become an even stronger advocate for creating many new high-paying tech jobs in Utah. We want to broaden the technology umbrella and better serve both of these extremely important technology sectors."
A state-by-state ranking for January is not yet available, but Utah’s blistering rate of employment growth probably will end up the second-highest among all states, said Mark Knold, chief economist for Workforce Services.
Utah Governor Huntsman keeps public in dark on subsidies to expand or relocate companies to the state.
The increase in secrecy comes at a time when Utah is pledging a record level of incentives – as much as $23 million to 14 out-of-state companies in 2005 alone.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts