Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
First $500,000 rebate from Utah film commission goes to Hopkins flick- Incentive program part of pilot to draw filmmakers to Utah
Leigh von der Esch, managing director of the state’s Office of Tourism, and Aaron Lee Syrett, director of the Utah Film Commission explained the way the incentives work. The state has one million dollars in incentives to award each year. No one project may get more than $500,000. "The World’s Fastest Indian" was actually reimbursed before the new law went into effect, as part of a pilot program to demonstrate to the legislature how the 10 percent incentive would work.
"You want to focus your communications to the West, particularly California and Nevada, and don’t forget the residents and day-trip markets," McWilliams told the group. "Focus on gaining back share of travel from (Los Angeles), Vegas, Denver and Idaho Falls."
"In the long run, a grocer always wants the customer to be happy, no matter what. They’ll become loyal and come back to the store over and over again, and a device like this helps them capture customer loyalty."
"Technology infrastructure is one thing where if you build it they will come," McMahon said. "Just ask the people in Bangalore, India, which is now the largest software development center in the world. They put in all of that infrastructure before they had any of those jobs."
Boost in funding is sought for Utah economic development – $8 million should be north of $16 (million) or $17 million
"And it’s more important to us now than it was then, and it should have been going up all along," he said.
"This is a big, big expansion in the state. . . . We’re talking over a thousand jobs here, so this is a big deal. They’re all good jobs,"
Only a few other states can claim higher job-growth numbers so far this year, leaving employers in several industries facing shortages of qualified workers.
"Less Weird Than You’ve Heard."
Friendliness won Utah new Encover operation – Encover Inc. president ‘taken aback’ by the nice people he found
"I’m thinking, ‘Not only are these guys friendly, but they know how to sell. This is a good first impression,’ " Overstreet recalled.
2 Utah firms are finalists for national manufacturing award – Nutraceutical International Corp. of Park City and Headwaters Inc. of South Jordan
Each finalist "has demonstrated the ability to overcome challenges, a proven track record in job growth, improved corporate revenues and capital investments, and a strong commitment to its work force and community."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts