Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"We don’t celebrate ourselves. We celebrate the great minds, talents and visions of entrepreneurs throughout the state of Utah, and encourage established businesspeople with resources to join with us in supporting young minds, young efforts and big ideas."
Housing as many as 25 employees of Grow Utah-funded companies, E STATION will be a vibrant office locale, offering not only high-speed networks and other technological tools of the trade, but more importantly, said Hall, "close access to the secret sauce."
Call center operators are expanding along the Wasatch Front, adding jobs that in some cases pay much more than the entry-level positions that traditionally have dominated the industry.
"We are not nearly as aggressive as the states that are close around us, and when a company is looking to come to a state, they’re getting much larger incentive packages (elsewhere)," said Michael Nelson, director of corporate recruitment for the Governor’s Office of Economic Development. "Now, we have a great state, and a lot of times, it is our work force and other benefits that attract these companies, and they are coming to the state, but it’s something we have to look at and something we have to encourage."
With a giant clock display ticking down the seconds, entrepreneurs repeated five-minute presentations to tables of four or five investors, wooing their listeners for millions of dollars in capital.
Speed-Dating and Venture Funding Collide at Speedpitching Luncheon; 10 Entrepreneurs to Pitch to Dozens of Utah Investors During One-Hour, Speed-Dating Styled Luncheon.
"The speedpitching luncheon will benefit busy investors and entrepreneurs alike,"
"I think it is going to result in more capital coming this way, the retention of talent and our best graduates, and I think it will mean economic stability over the long term."
Teleperformance expanding in Utah – Customer-care firm’s hoping to hire up to 1,000 for Lindon center
Provo has been an excellent market for us for about nine years.
Utah Venture Capital investments down – $30 million in capital raised in 3rd quarter – Mature companies beat out new ones for VC cash
"If you just take third quarter it looks like things were in a downturn, but that’s not at all the case," Strain said. "The nine-month period this year is ahead of the full-year period of any of the past four years."
Cities that made the list, Conley said, "tell you that it is an attractive place for people in a creative class to live."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts