Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Utah Governor Huntsman keeps public in dark on subsidies to expand or relocate companies to the state.
The increase in secrecy comes at a time when Utah is pledging a record level of incentives – as much as $23 million to 14 out-of-state companies in 2005 alone.
Utah Science and Technology Research bill takes a step – $200 million toward new university research facilities and an annual $15 million toward recruitment of researchers.
"Our high-tech jobs we are dropping. We’re really losing ground," Mansell said. "If we’re to get back in the game of high-tech jobs, we need to do some things that are fairly aggressive."
Venture capital sends cash to Utah businesses. $40 Million here…$45 Million there. Pretty soon you’re talking about real money. $249 million in ’05. Now that’s economic development!!
This is what I call economic development. Why not in Montana? Russ
Officials pushing program to help farmers. Utah’s Own label: Agriculture execs want help from the Legislature
"Agriculture creates new wealth because farmers are producing something that didn’t exist until they grew or produced it," said Rep. Michael Noel, R-Kanab. "There’s no better way to help rural communities than to buy the goods they’re producing."
The Utah Board of Tourism Development on Friday approved the brand "platform" and gave the go-ahead to its marketing committee to work with Office of Tourism staff and W Communications of Salt Lake City to finalize creative elements and draft the marketing plan.
Biotech buzz. After years of research and huge investments, Utah companies close in on breakthroughs
"This is a tremendously exciting time," Hunter says. "We’re finally at that certain coming of age. All of us who have been involved with this company could soon be able to feel as though we have done all we set out to do back in 1986."
A month ago, 22 other organizations were given $790,023 for similar promotional efforts. An additional $1 million in cooperative funds will be available sometime next spring for tourism campaigns that have a summer emphasis.
"These individuals and companies are ambassadors of the best that Utah and Utah Valley has to offer," said John Richards, UVEF board chairman. "They are representative of diverse efforts to continue the common goal of growing Utah business."
"You can have a nice quality of life for less in Salt Lake City compared to some other locations,"
"We still have a perception problem,"
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- iConnect Montana
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts