Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
the sluggish economy is nudging nonprofit groups to consider merging or forming alliances to become more efficient and ride out the downturn, experts say.
Child Care Resources will proceed to the final round of the Yale School of Management national business plan competition to compete for $500,000 in prize money.
The non-profit world is changing. State and federal budgets are providing less support, foundations are giving less due to a volatile stock market and the multitude of fundraisers have made it difficult to raise private funds through traditional methods. Many forward thinking non-profits like Child Care Resources are developing earned income ventures to generate the additional revenue they need to fulfill their mission.
The most important piece of the strategic challenge is to make decisions that create the tightest fit between actions and intended impact. An organization’s choices must reflect its priorities.
The figures suggest that charities without a Web presence could be missing out on much-needed funds during the economy’s slowest recovery in 60 years.
Every so often, our expectations of what is possible change. A new idea, an inspired invention, a resourceful person or group appears and alters the way we think about the world. Suddenly, sending a man…
"We’ve established a template that any county anywhere in the United States can follow," he said. "We’re very proud of what we’ve done here and more than willing to open up what we do and share it."
"There is so much need and so much poverty," he said. "I would sure welcome other people taking the template we put together and replicating it."
Fighting Hate with Democratic Values – The Montana Human Rights Network fights hate crimes by promoting democratic values and public discourse.
MHRN’s mission is to promote democratic values such as pluralism, equality and justice; challenge bigotry and intolerance; and organize communities to speak out in support of democratic principles and institutions.
At a time of year when people traditionally assess how they can help those in need, charitable foundations would also do well to ask themselves some searching questions: Are they still valuable institutions – or…
"There are more than 1 million nonprofit organizations in the country, and something like 95 percent of them have no budget for information technology,”
In November 2002, the once mighty Turner Foundation closed its donor doors, pulling accustomed funding from beneath the feet of the non-profit environmental community in Missoula, and throughout the state and the nation.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts