Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
“More than 9,000 people of all ages and backgrounds are helping to meet local needs, strengthen communities and increase civic engagement through 88 national service projects across Montana,” Gov. Brian Schweitzer said.
Students create programs to get out the word, Nonprofits benefit from marketing efforts that would be unaffordable
"The students make a connection. It’s an aspect of the program that I’m really proud of. The students have something to be proud of, too."
Vacations with humanitarian focus can be satisfying
Collins, who is the program director of an advocacy group for abused and neglected children, said fishing is a stress reliever and he adores his job so much that he doesn’t really need to get away anymore.
Montana continues to rank 48th in the country in foundation assets.
The challenge for nonprofits that rely on volunteers is to help the next generation transition smoothly from their work lives and retirement into the volunteer world.
In a recent article in the Stanford Social Innovation Review, William Foster and Gail Fine of the Bridgespan Group examine the factors that helped 144 young organizations "get big" within a short period of time.
New and emerging nonprofit organizations who want to work toward greater stability and effectiveness can now have access to a new "Capacity Benchmarking Tool".
The report by the Helena-based Big Sky Institute for the Advancement of Nonprofits shows the state’s philanthropic giving and receiving is anemic compared with the top 10 states — all of which boast major urban areas.
Salaries for top executives at nonprofits have climbed 25% to 50% since 2000, says Jennifer Bol, head of the education, nonprofit and public-policy practice at Spencer Stuart, an executive-placement firm.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts