Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
As many of you know, MNA has been working behind the scenes for several years to promote new charitable giving incentives and advance reasonable nonprofit reform to improve governance and curb abuses in the nonprofit sector. We are very pleased to report that several of our policy efforts including passage of the Tax Free IRA Charitable Distribution provision have finally come to fruition.
Many thanks to Al Jones for passing this excellent resource for non-profits.
"The non-profit culture has already affected the private sector in this regard. Now, it’s time for the non-profits to learn from the for-profits and enter the cold, hard world to sustain themselves but, of course, without losing their soul."
The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) to mark 30 years in Butte. Do you have questions about energy or sustainable building products?
“These gatherings offer environmentally minded businesses an opportunity to demonstrate products and services. The public is offered the chance to learn about new products, systems, and techniques in food production, building, transportation, and much more.”
State of Montana Surplus Equipment Available to Nonprofits
Student Assistance Foundation (SAF), a nonprofit Montana organization, will award Salish Kootenai College (SKC) a grant for $25,349 at a presentation on Friday, August 4, in Pablo. The presentation will take place during the Salish…
The Idaho Nonprofit Development Center won’t make local nonprofits wealthy overnight, nor will the organization have answers to every question. But the center’s mission is clear and commendable: Work with the state’s 11,000 nonprofits to help them be as successful as possible. That includes avoiding duplicated services and other efforts; assuring that applicable laws are being followed; and perhaps most of all, helping these vital organizations to our communities learn to speak the same language so the rest of us understand not just how important nonprofits are to our way of life, but how we can be most helpful to them.
Nonprofit Leader, Brian Magee, executive director of the Montana Nonprofit Association Recognized for Commitment to Charitable Sector
Magee is the 2006 recipient of the national Phyllis Campbell Newsome Leadership Award.
July 27, 2006 Contact: Kelly Chapman, Executive Vice President of Foundation Activities Student Assistance Foundation 406.495.7390 Victoria Glass, Financial Aid Director UM Helena College of Technology 406.444.6826 Jeannie Huntley, Marketing & Communications Director Student Assistance…
The economy’s middle child. Though a major part of the economy, the nonprofit sector is poorly understood and maybe a tad underappreciated
If you’ve ever been a Scout, belonged to a religious organization, listened to a live orchestra, had a baby; if you’re a veteran; if you’ve volunteered or been a member of a local chamber of commerce—among many, many other things—then you’ve participated in the underappreciated economy of nonprofits.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts