Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Awards and recipients are: Full Story: http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2006/10/24/news/local/90-ppl.txt
New hires are flocking to Seattle from around the country and the world, demonstrating the foundation’s ability to attract top talent.
Funds donated to AAP were made available through a donation to Project WET’s Children’s Water Education Fund, which connects donors to water education organizations around the world.
Instead of going to different organizations for shelter, financial aid and long-term support, Katrina victims were able to go to CAN and enter information into a single record available to all of the organizations, Zimmerman said.
“It is an enormous honor to have Norman Mineta on the Mansfield Foundation board,” said L. Gordon Flake, Mansfield Foundation executive director. “Secretary Mineta’s long career of public service is distinguished with many firsts.
Short courses specifically designed for busy professionals in the nonprofit sector are now available through The University of Montana’s Online Program in Nonprofit Management.
With average compensation of $114,000, the chief executives of Seattle-area non-profits are among the lowest paid in the nation, though most still bring in six-figure incomes.
Bozeman-Based Project WET International Foundation and United Nations Launch Joint Water Education Initiative
“By coordinating the water education efforts of these two world organizations, we are increasing the number of area students, teachers, parents, and communities reached with water education. This is critical because water-borne illnesses are one of the leading causes of death in the developing world,” said Justin Howe, Project WET’s Director of Networks for Latin America and the Caribbean. However, Howe also noted, “Many of these deaths can be prevented through education.”
“We are honored to be given the PLACEMATTERS award,” said Program Manager Betsy Hands. “homeWORD has worked for more than 10 years in Missoula to promote the importance of involving neighbors in the design of affordable housing and foster a sense of place that respects the uniqueness of each neighborhood. This award demonstrates a growing commitment to affordable housing that fits into a neighborhood and is a part of the sustainable development of a community.”
Some 400 non-profit representatives from across the state will be in town this week for the fifth annual conference of the Montana Nonprofit Association http://www.mtnonprofit.org . One major topic of discussion: How to lure major national foundations to pay more attention — and donate more money — to rural states like Montana.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- iConnect Montana
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts