Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Nationally, nonprofit organizations will need to attract and develop some 640,000 new senior managers over the next 10 years
Ever wonder why the media seems to cover some nonprofits all the time, while ignoring others?
It’s usually because some nonprofits make it easy for the media to cover them — and others don’t.
In many companies, even high-level executives may find it hard to see what direct impact their daily work has on their companies. Decisions may take months to come to fruition, and only after multiple meetings and layers of approval. But in the world of nonprofits, one board member can make an instant difference.
The cooperation of two nonprofits working for the benefit of all is more than a shining example of teamwork.
Karen Neel, CPA from Boyle, Deveny& Meyer PC will lead a discussion about nonprofit budgets and financial reporting. Karen is a nonprofit board member and volunteer as well as working professionally with many local nonprofits. This workshop is recommended for nonprofit staff and board members.
In the past eight years, "giving circles" or "donor circles" have sprouted like wheat grass along the West Coast and beyond, as a prosperous "younger" generation — that’s pre-retirement — looks for a meaningful way to help heal the troubled spots in communities.
The “influx of new wealth” has helped nonprofit groups meet their needs, Cooney said. But while many newcomers are eager to help, others moved to the area to escape the level of involvement they experienced in other communities.
“The challenge there is it’s not always easy to engage these new residents, be they rich or poor, in the life of the community,” he said.
Nonprofit groups in many areas struggle to recruit volunteers from newcomers and longtime residents alike.
The concept behind a new Web site for grassroots initiatives started several years ago when its creator was fielding calls from an overwhelming number of people seeking advice on how to start up their own organization.
As a donor/advisor/board member to several non-profits, the point of this post is to lay out strategies and tactics that are applicable to most non-profits so they can redirect as much money as possible towards delivering their services.
In 2005 it raised $60,000 for the Special Olympics. The year-round, nonprofit program offers sports training and athletic competition for people with intellectual disabilities, according to the organization’s Web site.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- iConnect Montana
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts