Government and University TechTransfer
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
University of Florida makes "earth-shaking difference" by licensing tech transfer opportunities to small startups
His strategy involves attracting venture capitalists and top-tier managers and researchers, as well as lawyers, accountants and others with entrepreneurial expertise, to North Florida. Several aspects of that strategy are beginning to take root — most notably the arrival of three venture capital companies: North Carolina-based Eno River Capital, Inflexion Fund and Academy Funds.
The UC Discovery Grant program, a cooperative research program of the state of California, the University of California (UC) System, and industry has grown from a $3 million initial investment in 1996 to a source…
Technology developed at Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory (INEEL) in Idaho earns more royalties
"INEEL officials credit much of that success to the site’s evolving technology transfer program. Rankin said teams of managers, inventors and attorneys, operating like a business, assess research projects to make sure they are marketable."
"He said BYU did not make similar deals relating to Simmons’ discovery in 1991, a time when such considerations were more rare. In retrospect, though, the school missed out on what would have been a fortune in potential royalties."
Proposals are now being sought for WTC’s Spring 2003 Research and Technology Development (RTD) Program.
The RTD program supports partnership projects between Washington companies and university researchers to conduct R&D that benefits the company. Washington Technology Center is initiating a two-phase RTD program. Phase I projects are 9 months long…
Moving ideas from academia to the commercial marketplace is hardly new. But it has become an increasingly popular – and potentially lucrative – method of operation for companies and entrepreneurs alike.
"You can trace the number of emerging tech sectors related to spinouts from the universities and labs to the Bay Area," he says. "It’s been an integral part of why this region has been a leading community for an array of technologies.
"The awards are a benefit to the university, because it shows the outside world and other faculty people who might not want to get involved (in tech transfer) that this work is of value," Mercure said.
"I think there’s some incredible technologies that have a chance to generate wealth for the university," he said. "You need a research
foundation to be able to accomplish technology transfer."
Big Patents on Campus-The 2002 University Research Scorecard shows that even in lean times, innovation pays.
What was true for 15th-century Florence, 20th-century Detroit, and turn-of-the-century Palo Alto, has also been true for U.S. universities for the past two decades: Innovation drives economic growth. Thanks to the Bayh-Dole Act, which was…
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts