Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The goal is to create a new generation of tech and life sciences startups in Kansas — one of only six states that did not attract any venture capital investments last year, according to the Ernst & Young/VentureOne Venture Capital Report.
Entrepreneurs’ ideas take shape at UM business seminar. Montana State University grads in a special class of successful entrepreneurs
“The only qualifications are that you are passionate about starting a company, you have an idea but you don’t know where to start,”
When he returns to MSU to talk to students, he encourages them to shoot for the moon, even though it’s not always easy to turn a big dream into reality.
People who succeed have to tolerate the uncomfortable feeling of uncertainly and fear.
"You have to put yourself up against the fence," he said.
The articles cover a whole range of topics including entrepreneurship on tribal lands (by Elsie Meeks of First Nations Oweesta Corporation), how to build small town success (by Boomtown USA author) Jack Schultz, and the state role in supporting rural entrepreneurship (by Erik Pages of EntreWorks Consulting). The journal also includes case studies of excellent programs in Kentucky, Nebraska, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wyoming.
For some twentysomethings, getting ahead is not about sitting still for a better job or the next raise. It’s about unrestrained ambition.
Now many colleges are racing to beef up their entrepreneurship programs as a key way to turn the schools’ knowledge and technology into profitable ventures.
Do you have the heart of an entrepreneur?
Create Your Future!
The Montana Academy of Distinguished Entrepreneurs (MADE) Completes 3rd Successful Annual Seminar Series
On May 11, 2006 the University and Missoula community will have the opportunity to witness firsthand the impact of the MADE program on SOBA’s students. On that date the 17th Annual John Ruffatto Business Plan Competition will take place and many of the participants in the course have plans to submit the business plans that they’ve been working on since last fall.
The program, Leading Entrepreneurial Agricultural Production for the Northern International Livestock Exposition, has a goal of better educating young entrepreneurs on the benefits and methods of market planning and business management.
$25,000 in Prizes To Be Awarded To High School and College Entrepreneurs
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts