Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Feld Thoughts – "Subscribing to this blog is like adding a board member to your team without the stock-option grants."
Why You Should Read It: Everybody else does.
Finalists must produce more than just a financially successful business. Their company’s quality, service, adaptation to change and social impact are evaluated by an international panel of judges.
Jane Fonda tells girls at the "Girls For A Change" conference at Montana State University they can change the world
"Girls are the future," she concluded. "Don’t let your power be taken away."
What can be done to encourage entrepreneurship?
Good technical education. Good business schools, and get the two to talk to each other. Business plan competitions are great for the community.
It’s highly unusual among U.S. business colleges to have a major donation focused on improving undergraduate education, rather than on a master’s program, said MSU Business Dean Rich Semenik.
Basics of Business – Few succeed in business without first failing — often more than once. Troy McClain of "The Apprentice" speaks about his experiences to high school DECA students
The program was organized by DECA students Sam Dane and Katie Davidson, both seniors at the school and project managers for the Entrepreneurship Promotion Project, and brought in business students from as far away as central Washington. (DECA is an outstanding program for high school students. Does your school have a program?)
From Anne Mulcahy of Xerox: "I am still learning. That is an important mark of a good leader … to know you don’t know it all and never will."
Job creation is a three legged stool: move them in, grow what’s here or create new ones. The creation of new jobs, through entrepreneurship, is probably one of the most exciting and potentially valuable elements in building economic prosperity in Montana and the entire US.
By providing large grants over an extended period to selected colleges and universities that have the best plans for bringing entrepreneurship out of their business schools and making it a campuswide experience, many more students will be exposed to an entrepreneurship curriculum.
"It’s very, very unusual for students in entrepreneurship programs to work with scientists," Semenik said. "And here, that’s what they do every day. They work on ideas or products that come from scientists or engineers.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts