Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Bar your kids from the family business.
SCORE can also help you in starting a business or in your existing business.
”I do think that women are already CEOs. I believe they can take those same skills and be successful running their own company."
Some answers are debatable, so there will be many comments. #10, in particular, is tricky so read it very carefully.
If you crave challenge and like to work at a fast pace, then keep networking. You’ll be snapped up by a grateful entrepreneur before you know it.
"It’s really just for being able to put your own professional outfit together," said Laura Stoneberger, a student at Bozeman High School who is also a state officer for DECA. "It’s also a public relations deal — you go out and look for deals. (It) gets you talking about DECA out in public."
Entrepreneur, Colter Lease of Bozeman wins Junior Achievement’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. "Signed by Colter"
"What really impressed us is that fact that he started this business in high school and grew it through college because that’s what he wanted to do (as a future career)," Junior Achievement Program Director Heide Arneson said.
Keynote speaker John Hollow, a Helena attorney who was the manager of the U.S. Alpine Ski Team on the World Cup Circuit, advised the students who plan to become business owners to operate it in a way that respects the environment, employees and families.
"The World is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century"
By Thomas L. Friedman
"It’s particularly important for those just starting out to understand the environment they’re entering, and this book talks about how the environment has changed competition, making it more global for every company of every size. It says every company is a global company and you need to think about that when starting one."
Each session will cover specific topics; for example, marketing, management and legal structure, financial overview and planning, managing growth.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts