Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Greg Gianforte, CEO and founder of RightNow Technologies in Bozeman, MT publishes book on entrepreneur strategies –
"Bootstrapping is really about an entrepreneur thinking outside the box and, in particular, thinking of innovative ways to start and grow a business without a lot of money," he said.
A Kauffman Foundation study that found that 41 percent of kids ages 9 to 12 would like to start their own business, but don’t know how.
"A lot of talent has migrated here, and they’re always looking for high-paying jobs," he said. "If they can’t find it, they will build it."
Ranging from Nice to Nasty – How States Treat Entrepreneurship – Montana ranks 38th – South Dakota 1st
Enormous differences in policies are evident in the new tenth annual ‘Small Business Survival Index 2005: Ranking the Policy Environment for Entrepreneurship Across the Nation,’ which I write for the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council.
Better mousetrap builders – How small-time inventors – alone or in clubs – make widgets for fun (and maybe a profit).
Some weekend inventors fly solo. Many others now join inventor clubs to share lessons and tactics, gaining group-rate access to patent services. Surprisingly – in what one might imagine is an inherently secretive world – many even talk over specific ideas with peers, and the ideas flow.
"This time around, however, the burst in entrepreneurial activity will not be led by 20-somethings," the report suggested, "but by baby boomers and would-be retirees in their 40s, 50s, 60s and even 70s, who are better educated, healthier and more tech-savvy than their predecessors."
"Energizing Entrepreneurs: Charting a Course for Rural Communities" puts a guide map in the hands of rural community development professionals and volunteer community leaders who are helping to transform their communities into hotbeds of entrepreneurship.
Packed with insightful tips and advice from experts with years of experience in the field,
Energizing Entrepreneurs is a “must have” for anyone working to create supportive
environments for entrepreneurs, new sources of wealth and sustaining economic
The report provides economic developers with an
understanding of the latest research on the issues surrounding
entrepreneurship and knowledge clusters as economic development
strategies, along with practical new ideas and tactics.
Biz database can open doors – a boon to business owners as well as marketers, researchers and anyone thinking of starting a business
"Suppose you want to get into the wedding photography business, and you want to know who your competition is," Heldt said. "You can find out who the other wedding photographers are within x miles of downtown Helena."
"Young people who take the initiative to serve their communities through volunteerism are a great source of strength for our nation, and give us ample reason to be optimistic about the future," said Prudential Chairman and CEO Arthur F. Ryan. "We want to recognize them, encourage them, and hold them up as role models for all young Americans."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts