Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The adventure capital of the Northern Rockies, Bozeman is an old Montana university town of cowboys and ski bums, pickups and unleashed dogs, and two of the premier ski hills in America.
Standing on the porch, coffee in hand, looking across the early mist on the river to mountains touched gold by the sun, the sheer beauty of Montana that struck Lewis and Clark stays with you. And somehow Rock Creek makes you feel as if you belong there.
Climbing back into the warm womb of the van, the wind howls, blowing snow against the trunk of a lifeless tree standing alone in the foreground of a largely empty landscape.
The tree serves as a reminder of Yellowstone’s harsh climate during snowy months, and although it may be slow going, captain’s chairs, a heater and a knowledgeable guide make a snowcoach an enjoyable way to see the park in the winter.
"Our goal is to eventually create a nature reserve of 3.5 million acres … of rolling hills and native prairie land."
Mr. Holt suggests that the draw of the snowy owls may be partly a fascination with the birds’ coloring. "White wolves, polar bears, white whales, white buffalo — there is something about white plumage that signifies innocence or purity," he said. "People don’t flock to see any other animal the way they do white ones."
Climbing frozen waterfalls is a relatively new adaptation of mountaineering tools and technique.
A Rowdy Past, A Wild Present
"It’s a very popular stop along the Going-to-the-Sun Road," agreed Melissa Sladek of the National Park Service’s Crown of the Continent Research Learning Center in West Glacier. "There’s a lot of interpretation already there, with signs and a ranger-guided nature hike."
The organization also recently implemented an adopt-an-animal program. For a donation, donors receive a plush animal toy of their choice. Ratzlaff said similar programs in other national parks have proven very successful.
Montana Angler Fly Fishing Partners to Offer Lodging with Unique Historic Rail Car on the Yellowstone River
"The Centennial offers anglers a location on the most productive stretch of the blue ribbon Yellowstone River while enjoying luxury accommodations in a unique and historic fashion."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts