Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"Despite New Hampshire’s status as one of the states in the northeast which is still be to generate substantial net inflows of residents into the state from other states in the region and the nation, slow rates of natural increase in the population and still limited foreign immigration in New Hampshire mean a slower growing and aging population for the state," Harrington said. "These trends indicate the likelihood of a continued slowdown in the rate of growth in the size of the state’s labor force in the coming years. An overwhelming share of New Hampshire’s labor force growth in the future will be among those aged 55 and over."
The creative-class thesis—that towns need to attract engineers, architects, artists, and people in
other creative occupations to compete in today’s economy—may be particularly relevant to rural
communities, which tend to lose much of their talent when young adults leave for college, the
Armed Forces, or “city lights.”
Across the country, rural areas have seen a steady influx of urban dwellers in the past decade, some of whom are suffering a bit of Green Acres-esque shock.
Researchers at Virginia Tech are looking at ways to attract companies considering moving overseas to relocate to low-cost rural areas of the U.S. — a concept dubbed "farmshoring".
Fewer and fewer parents are allowing their children to leave the house unattended. Citing safety concerns, nearly half of parents prefer to keep their kids home.
"Office with a view — but a doozy commute" – Climber continues to run his accounting while scaling Mt. Everest
That’s right: telecommunication has evolved to the point that it’s possible to keep working, even from the roof of the world.
"The reason we are here in Tacoma is we want to be like you when we grow up," said Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson
Outsourcing has already trickled down from big corporations to small businesses, which now send everything from secretarial work to graphic design to back-end legal research overseas.
Collaboration between RightNow Technologies and Montana State University Alumni Association Proves that Ex-Residents Offer Promising Talent Pool For Company in Remote Location.
It’s hard enough for a small business to attract talent. It’s even more difficult when that business is located hundreds of miles from a major job market.
Helping to create affordable housing is the most important action the state government can take to improve the local business climate, according to 65 percent of the CEOs surveyed.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts