Regional Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Weyerhaeuser is dividing a 4,400-acre section of its 103-year-old Vail Tree Farm into 20-acre plots and selling them to individuals — with the option that the buyers could continue to harvest trees. Each parcel comes with plans for where to build a house and drill a well, plus plans for how to manage the trees so they can be most profitably harvested over many years."If we’ve done our job right," Constable said, "there will be a community of like-minded people with the best interests of this land in mind."
Sysco Corp. will set up new $25 million center which will likely employ between 150 and 200 people in Post Falls, ID
The Post Falls plant could be operational in spring 2005.
Idaho leaders gauge success of rural initiative – Speakers say at plan’s halfway mark, state showing incremental progress
Karl Tueller, deputy director of the Idaho Department of Commerce said that leadership from local communities remains one of the biggest challenges to economic development in rural Idaho. The state can assist, but it takes a sustained effort from local leaders to see a project through, he said.
Their only worry about Reno, says Gary: "I’m afraid it will eventually become too popular."
If Idaho wants to revitalize its rural areas, it has to educate rural leaders on what resources and help are available, some said.
An advertising campaign by economic development specialists in the state targeting California, Portland and Seattle will begin in January.
Advocates try to set agenda for Idaho’s rural areas – Summit will try to balance goals, resources -What’s today?
The folks here — state and local officials, government workers from all levels, community leaders — will eventually break into five groups to try to set priorities for the state´s rural cities and counties for the next year or more.
Oregon economic group endorses ‘smart growth’ and a long-term economic development strategy based on "people, place, clusters and leadership
"Our distinctive and highly regarded quality of life has been a critical economic asset, and its importance will become even greater in the years ahead.
Idaho is well suited to support small- to medium-sized manufacturers that are currently located in areas with high operation costs.
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts