Regional Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
As farmers across the nation struggle against unfavorable economic conditions and increased pressure from sprawling development, communities must decide whether to enact measures that protect farmland and help keep farmers in business. by: American Farmland…
Seizing on the state’s pricey business climate, budget mess and political circus, other states are stepping up efforts to lure companies away from California.
"With today’s technology, you can do business from just about anywhere in the U.S," said Idaho Department of Commerce Director LaMoyne Hyde. "I can think of several businesses that would like to be located at the base of the Continental Divide and in a facility with views of the Salmon Valley."
With no significant funding help from the Legislature on the horizon, Gov. Mike Leavitt and the state’s Quality Growth Commission are seeking new ways to get Utah’s small cities and towns on the smart growth bandwagon. "There is a strong desire to keep the population centers from merging. They want nodes of development, not sprawl. The public has been very vocal about that," she said.
Rural Entrepreneurship News- Vol. 2 No. 9 –August 11, 2003 – A Rural Policy Research Institute National Research and Policy Center
Welcome to Rural Entrepreneurship News – the monthly electronic newsletter of the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship, a RUPRI national research and policy center with founding support from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
Getting a return on growth dollars – Reviews are mixed on how well development agencies are doing their job in Spokane and North Idaho
"But economic development has to happen all the time. You need to have continuous economic development. People have to stick with it,"
Economic metamorphosis – Spokane tries to reform development strategy to captialize on economy in new millennium
"If you look around, we’ve (Spokane) been just left behind by everyone else," said West
Raising North Dakota – Horrible winters. A dwindling, aging population. Abandoned farms reverting to prairie grass… Perfect!!
I figured that, like North Dakota itself, she could be coaxed into seeing the wisdom and rewards of making old things new again.
Yellowstone Park lake hints at buildup to huge blast -(How will this news affect regional economic development?)
The mystery of the deep at picturesque Yellowstone Lake is a bulge that rises 100 feet from the lake floor, stretches the length of seven football fields, and has the potential to explode at any time.
The North Idaho Workforce Investment Board http://www.pacni.org/wibhome.htm plans to set up Idaho Works, a one-stop system designed to link employers with prospective employees. SCOTT REEVES Staff writer CDA Press Few know about it, but a…
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts