Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The virus was attached to a message that was posted on over 30,000 Usenet newsgroups and is not being spread via e-mail, said Web security vendor Sophos.
New Bagle worm spreading; source code is revealed – Leading antivirus firms issued alerts about two new variants yesterday
When run, the new Bagle worms display a message box with the title "Error! Can’t find a viewer associated with the file." Like earlier versions of Bagle, the new variants also harvest e-mail addresses from files stored on the computers they infect and have their own Simple Mail Transfer Protocol engines, which they use to send large volumes of infected e-mail messages.
Web attack aims to steal surfers’ financial details -ISPs hosting major online auction and banking sites may have been compromised – Update Possible source server shut down
According to Hypponen, the group has hacked into Web servers of some major Internet service providers that host "huge" Web sites, such as an online auction site and banking sites, to append malicious code to their pages.
Sasser worm could hit hard today 5/3 Experts warned it could spread quickly today as workers returned to the office with infected laptops
Microsoft Corp. issued an unusual weekend security warning Saturday that a worm has been unleashed on the Internet taking advantage of a security hole announced publicly last month (see story). Microsoft once again urged users…
"Browser hijacking" is as bad as it gets: Like the Blaster worm, this form of trickery can take over your software silently and invisibly.
A new worm called "Netsky.B" emerged on the Internet Wednesday, spreading by mimicking familiar e-mail addresses and enticing users to open file attachments containing malicious software, security experts said. Most computer security companies rated the…
"With some of these viruses that require user action, people have a responsibility to be careful and protect themselves."
But the incident nonetheless demonstrated that the world’s top Internet security experts still don’t know how to prevent such attacks.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts