Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Some are not shy about exaggerating the problem while making their sales pitch.
A firestorm quickly erupted over what appeared to be an attempt by the music company to retain control over its intellectual property by secretly installing hidden software on the PCs of unsuspecting customers.
When a machine is compromised with such software, it gives hackers the ability to execute remote commands and install anything they want on the vulnerable PC.
The e-mail, making its rounds locally, shows "Wells Fargo" as the sender and has the subject "Update Your Wells Fargo Accounts!"
I had just called her on an unlisted cellphone number and informed her that I had her Social Security number, Visa card number, bank account and personal identification numbers, and eBay account name and password.
But if your thoughts are halfway around the world, in a war zone where every day is a life-or-death matter for a loved one, and your bank is the Armed Forces Bank, then just maybe you get fooled this one time. Just takes once. Low-life scammers count on it — all the way to the bank.
A persistent computer virus of German origin has flared again, this time dumping torrents of right-wing messages and Web site links into e-mail inboxes worldwide.
"Sasser may have taken top spot, but six of the biggest viruses of the last six months were Netsky and Bagle variants," Cluley said. "These caused a continued nuisance for PC users the world over as their authors entered into a very public game of virus writing one-upmanship."
The virus was attached to a message that was posted on over 30,000 Usenet newsgroups and is not being spread via e-mail, said Web security vendor Sophos.
New Bagle worm spreading; source code is revealed – Leading antivirus firms issued alerts about two new variants yesterday
When run, the new Bagle worms display a message box with the title "Error! Can’t find a viewer associated with the file." Like earlier versions of Bagle, the new variants also harvest e-mail addresses from files stored on the computers they infect and have their own Simple Mail Transfer Protocol engines, which they use to send large volumes of infected e-mail messages.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts