Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Oregon is headed for a fiscal catastrophe unless its leaders make dramatic changes in the way the government spends its money and delivers services, business leaders told state officials Monday.
The herd is set to gain some new notoriety. Pendleton Woolen Mills is making Navajo-style "medicine blankets" using wool and blended white buffalo hair that the bison have shed. The blankets are new this season and the mill tentatively plans a second, larger run for 2011, says spokesman Robert Christnacht.
"Who are these guys to tell me that I should only succeed down there?" asks Raghavan, Act-On’s founder and CEO. "It’s ridiculous to think you can’t succeed in Oregon."
"Portland is a hub for some of the best talent in our industry," said Bill Berta, chief executive officer for Hi-Tec USA. "Few cities share our values and commitment to a healthy, outdoor lifestyle like Portland. We could not be happier to be here."
In reverse of offshore trend, Oregon manufacturing thrives when high-tech, high-quality products are needed
"There are certain manufactured products that will need to stay here," Hauge says. "If it’s engineering intensive, if it’s low-volume, if it’s controlled by the government or if it’s a new product where you need to get the bugs out before mass production."
"It’s increasingly clear that the kicker makes no sense whatsoever," said council Chairman Joe Cortright, president and principal economist at Impresa Inc. "It’s something we should get rid of."
The state is one of just five without a sales tax because residents have voted nine times over the years to keep it that way. Oregonians have enshrined a property-tax cap in their state constitution.
The products are growing in popularity among athletic elites — golfer Tiger Woods and quarterback Peyton Manning have tried them out — but some of his biggest fans join him at the pool every Tuesday and Thursday. Killgore calls it his "breakfast club."
The video processing company plans to announce details today of $7.5 million in venture backing led by Steamboat Ventures, the venture capital arm of The Walt Disney Co.
The issue is that the kind of talent that Intel produces isn’t the kind of talent that most Oregon startups are looking for. They need experience specific to their industry, not just talented managers.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts