Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
North Dakota Enacts First Shareholder Friendly Corporation Law – Carl Icahn company, American Railcar Industries Inc., setting up corporate residence in North Dakota
The new law provides
a governance structure for publicly traded corporations that gives
shareholders greater rights than they currently have under other state
California has the Golden Gate Bridge, New York has the Empire State Building, Illinois has the Magnificent Mile. And North Dakota? It has a hefty budget surplus those states would envy.
North Dakota’s congressional delegation revealed recently the U.S. Department of Agriculture is releasing $1.34 million to stimulate economic development and create jobs in rural North Dakota.
Gov. John Hoeven: "The demand for the unmanned aerial systems is incredible throughout the military, worldwide. This is the asset that everybody wants. Not just the air force, but all the services in terms of doing their missions around the world."
"We`re very excited about this program. I think North Dakota will always be an agriculture state, but it`s turning into probably one of the leading energy states," says Dr. Frank Moseley, MSU Associate Professor.
The whole state is suffering from a labor shortage.
Deyton Bell Ltd. is based in Cambridge. The company will be approaching European wind energy companies about setting up wind turbine manufacturing operations in North Dakota.
“It shows you don’t have to be Silicon Valley to be Silicon Valley.”
So where does the community go from here?
The Roundtable’s members “looked into the future and saw a state that, in the absence of overt action, would continue to:
** Lose population, especially young people and adults in the prime working years of their lives.
** Fall farther and farther behind the rest of the country in per capita income, threatening the ability of its citizens to maintain their quality of life.
** Be unable as a state to compete in the new information-based economy.”
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts