Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The O’Connor Center for the Rocky Mountain West at The University of Montana has received $40,000 to operate the Indian Leaders Institute for a second year.
The grant will help the institute continue efforts to enhance tribal self-governance, strengthen American Indian/state relations and encourage opportunities for future Indian leaders now graduating from post-secondary schools.
"The point is to give training to newly-elected mayors who don’t necessarily know what their job is when they get elected,"
Leadership Montana will present a seven session program of business and policy education. Also included will be a program of leadership skill development focusing on the principles of community trusteeship.
"The academy will also help the mayors create a network of peers, which will reinforce best practices, and it will increase awareness of the resources available to them and reduce risk exposure and legal liability," Jelinski said.
The conference will include sessions on motivating and engaging the electorate, holding effective forums, setting goals, advocating for education and scholarship awards, appreciative inquiry, and moving from civic awareness to engagement.
"Unfortunately, the foundation has become rather dormant because we hadn’t done enough to promote it," Leppien said. "We’re sending letters making sure our membership knows we have a foundation to support a good program."
The Center for Leadership Development Names University of Montana Forestry Doctorate Student, Martin Twer, Outstanding Student Leader
"Martin has shown great vision and commitment by seeing that international students have a voice on campus," said Michele Rutherford, a UM English language instructor, in her nomination letter. "He leads by example and encourages others to embrace diversity of people and cultures."
Tiffany Jackson of Butte, Montana says key to student success is involvement – Montana State University Leadership Institute
"Over her three years at the MSU Leadership Institute, Tiffany has grown each year, taken more responsibility, mentored others and evolved from a staff member to staff leader and role model," said Carmen McSpadden, director of the MSU Leadership Institute.
The founder of an international women’s network suggests these books for learning more about leadership.
One Great Aspiration – Leaders who tap into the aspirations of their followers are leaders who have the opportunity to achieve greatness.
Leaders who tap into the aspirations of their followers are leaders who have the opportunity to achieve greatness.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts