Missoula Children's Theatre
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Jekyll & Hyde The Musical is in its closing weekend! Audiences are raving about the beautiful designs and haunting music! Truly a must see this season!
World class mime Bill Bowers performs at the MCT Center for the Performing Arts. "An Evening with Bill Bowers" begins at 7:30 p.m. All tickets $20.
Missoula Children’s Theatre co-founder Don Collins leaves ‘cultural footprint’ in Missoula and the world.
Collins is leaving a vastly larger enterprise than the one he helped found. There are 50 people on the Missoula staff, with 47 – 2 person teams set to go out this summer and work with about 65,000 children.
"Missoula has become an all-functioning grammatical form. We become Missoula. For instance, children will refer to their performance experience as ‘doing Missoula’ or people will say ‘Missoula is coming to town.’ A lot of kids don’t even realize Missoula is a place." MCT Co-founder Don Collins
"The military is probably our biggest client," Elander says. This year, for instance, MCT will visit 45 U.S. naval installations, 14 of them overseas, to work with the children of sailors in weeklong projects funded by child and youth family programs on bases.
The Missoula Children’s Theater was nominated for the award for promoting Montana on a global basis for over 40 years. During that time, it has performed in every state in the U.S. and on U.S. military bases around the world, as it works to develop life skills in children and spread the goodwill of Montana around the world.
Bert and Ernie ride again…
With theatergoers as the in-studio audience, Joe Martinez’s adaptation uses five actors, a sounds effects man and recorded music to bring George Bailey, Mr. Potter and the rest of Bedford Falls to life.
Front and center, Miss Montana 2012 Alexis Wineman watched the show among her peers. She came to celebrate the adaptive performance of "34th Street," which was shortened and featured lower light and sound levels to make it more comfortable for people on the autism spectrum or with sensory integration issues.
MCT also is providing a special performance on Tuesday, Dec. 4, that’s adapted for those with autism spectrum disorders. Among the adjustments: light and sound levels will be lowered, and the theater lobby will have designated quiet areas with autism experts and trained volunteers.
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts