MAPS : Media Arts in the Public Schools
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Montana’s MAPS (Media Arts in the Public Schools) program continues as one of top after school programs in the US
The program continues to find a unique balance between the classroom, and actually running as a business with "MAPS Works", with more paying projects on the calendar for 2017. And for students from 8th through 12th grade those are important lessons.
Student producers in MAPS Works have created impressive documentaries and public service announcements that shine the spotlight on local non-profit organizations and boost the caring community.
This story is a testament to the power of time healing all wounds and the resilience of two vastly different cultures coming together.
Cultivating Connections is a service-learning internship at Homestead Organics Farm offered to Bitterroot Valley high school students.
MAPS Media Institute, the afterschool hands-on technology-learning center, offers free classes to all Ravalli County students in grades 8-12.
The most significant results were the continued growth in student skill sets and maturation as young adults.
MAPS begins its 13th year of programming with new community partnerships and student opportunities.
"Having a dynamic media arts program that is similar to the afterschool MAPS program is an idea that has been batted around for approximately two years," Johnson said. "The first month I was on the job, July 2014, I met with Peter Rosten, founder of the MAPS program. We talked about the MAPS program and I was an instant supporter."
In 2014 and now 2016, MAPS was recognized as one of the top 50 after school programs in the country by the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities (PCAH).
MAPS’ founder and Montana Ambassador Peter Rosten to receive Silver Circle award June 3 in Seattle, WA
"NATAS are the folks who hand out Emmy awards and they gave our students two awards last year," Rosten said. "They are acknowledging my 25 years as a Hollywood industry professional and contributions to the industry."
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts