Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
To move up the ladder, it’s important that your method of making decisions develops as you do. This excerpt from Harvard Business Review reports on research drawn from a comprehensive Korn/Ferry International database
We see leadership and management as tasks or activities rather than traits of an individual.
"This book encourages leaders to make sure they recognize the pride that their workers have in their products. It gets you to focus on who’s really doing the most meaningful work."
Leaders understand there is a consequence for every choice, he said.
“You are a leader and someone is watching you.”
"Flying geese are very popular images of leadership…. It’s representative of the fact that leadership is shared — one goose steps forward and another steps back."
"I will never be a free man," if he abandons them, he told his wife. "I will be a prisoner of my own conscience."
They must mentor emerging leaders, from their own and other departments, passing on important knowledge and providing helpful evaluations and feedback. The operating managers’ own evaluations, development plans, and promotions, in turn, depend on how successfully they nurture their subordinates.
"Toyota is a car company that challenges itself in a way that makes the world shudder,"
The O’Connor Center for the Rocky Mountain West at The University of Montana has received $40,000 to operate the Indian Leaders Institute for a second year.
The grant will help the institute continue efforts to enhance tribal self-governance, strengthen American Indian/state relations and encourage opportunities for future Indian leaders now graduating from post-secondary schools.
"The point is to give training to newly-elected mayors who don’t necessarily know what their job is when they get elected,"
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts