Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Is Montana suffering from a lack of leadership? Or are our leaders merely under-utilized and misunderstood?
I have read countless tomes about what makes an effective leader. Words like motivational, challenging and inspirational are thrown around a lot. So are theories ranging from the need for emotional intelligence to principles of…
“Disappointed I didn’t apply the first year…Every class believes it’s the best because of our investment in going forward in Wyoming.” Susan Bigelow, Campbell County Economic Development Association, ‘03
The latest news from Leadership Montana… January, 2004 – Applications for the Class of 2004-2005 Available February 15 !
“It takes more than words to create this force, it takes leadership. There should be no more complaining about the status quo, only efforts to change it.”
Rep. Jesse Laslovich, state representative from Anaconda, on what it takes to become actively involved in creating change.
If there is one trait that each of these leaders shares, it is tenacity.
Today the program took two dozen students out of the classroom and into local government.
"If we’re going to change Montana, going to build a new image for the state, it has to start now. Collaboration I will point to as the number one leadership issue of the 21st century,"
Last week, the National Association for Female Executives, while releasing its “Top 30 Companies for Executive Women” annual report, said that lack of targeted training — not lack of ambition — blocks women’s advancement to the highest ranks of corporate America. The companies lauded in the report — including Hewlett-Packard of Palo Alto, the only Silicon Valley company on the list — are all credited with having exemplary programs to prepare women for top positions.
Question: Do you have anything to share regarding the subject of asking the right questions? Someone once said "Forget the answers; focus on asking the right questions."
Tragically, some leaders get to the point where they fire individuals who don’t praise them sufficiently.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts