Idaho News & Events
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The state was ranked sixth in the nation for the number of jobs produced, but among the lowest in the nation in the criteria used to identify quality jobs, including average pay (46th), annual pay growth (48th), number of working poor (41st), and the number of people who have to accept part-time work because full-time jobs are not available (33rd).
" Today’s changing work force demands employees with strong math and science skills. Approving standards to increase required math and science classes will go a long way toward ensuring a strong economic future for Idaho’s next generation."
— Roger B. Madsen, Idaho Commerce & Labor Director
Idaho Commerce & Labor said there were 12,578 unfilled job listings statewide as of last Friday, including 6,221 in the Treasure Valley.
Governor Kempthorne had an opportunity in his final State of the State address on Monday to leave a well-funded education system as his legacy. But he chose a different legacy, proposing to spend $33 million on the state park system.
Since AMI moved from California to Pocatello in 2001, the company’s revenues have more than doubled and its payroll has increased 40 percent, King said.
"We have the great opportunity to enjoy Idaho, ride in pickup trucks, ride horses and chase cows, and there’s not a lot of places you can do that," King said.
Brainpower key to Idaho tech dreams – Innovation: Changing priorities in Idaho – Idaho’s biotech firms need help
"I think the interaction between the agencies, university and industry is superior in Idaho," Maki said. "Within the university, there is an attitude of working together and building things instead of fighting."
In this issue: # Transgenic Animal Web Site Launched # BSU Focuses on Wind Energy Research # MotivePower Receives $93 Million Locomotive Contract # Center for Advanced Energy Studies Design Contract Approved # UI Professor…
"This is really due to the success we’re having due to our diversification efforts," Micron spokesman Dan Francisco said
Controversial community’s developer says it’s all but a sure thing; others could be on the way
"This thing is built to last,"
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts