Idaho News & Events
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Don’t underestimate the intangibles. Having an entrepreneurial culture is important to growing the economy here.
Melaleuca Inc. of Idaho Falls, Idaho adds 843 jobs in 5 years, not the 111 that it originally promised….
The Idaho Falls company has added 843 jobs since obtaining the loan, compared with 111 promised when the loan was made, VanderSloot says.
Tech needs a quarterback who can convince our state leaders that the era of tech playing second fiddle to agriculture is over and it’s time to give the tech industry the respect and support it deserves.
Idaho has abundant power? Think again. Two manufacturers skip Boise after utility says it can’t provide electricity.
The separate proposals could have brought as many as 1,000 jobs each, an economic developer said, but one proposal would have needed between 240 megawatts and 480 megawatts of power – three to six times as much power as used by Micron Technology, the Valley’s largest energy user, according to Idaho Power Co.
Phoenix-based ON Semi, which makes audio and power management chips used in mobile phones, cars and portable electronics, expects up to $50 million in pre-tax cost savings from the purchase in 2009.
Idaho’s tech industry has long needed a voice especially in the state legislature. But this group dubbed — the Idaho Innovation Alliance — has decided it doesn’t want to focus solely on tech companies. Instead it’s going after companies that are innovative and growing.
Ground Force Manufacturing of Post Falls, Idaho now a global force. Support-vehicle maker says China, oil sands drive super hot growth
Owner Ron Nilson says Ground Force expects to hire 60 more workers within the next five years.
"Having Koenig Potato Vodka ranked among this elite group is a huge statement about Idaho quality, products and the people who make them," said Larry Maneely, deputy superintendent at the Idaho State Liquor Dispensary.
"People are starting to place us in the mountains, which is where we belong, versus we grow potatoes and we’re somewhere in the Midwest, one of those ‘I’ states."
After looking at Arizona, Utah and other states, Acsys decided to move into an empty building near Buck Knives in the Riverbend Commerce Park.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts