City Club Missoula
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The next City Club Missoula luncheon will be on Friday April 21. The topic of discussion will be the Milltown Dam and water. The venue is yet to be determined. For more information please contact [email protected] Please share this information with other Missoula residents who share an interest in making Missoula a more connected and civic-minded community.
City Club Missoula Persistent Question of the Day: What will be the most difficult challenge for Missoula during the next five years?
If you have already responded, we thank you. If you have not had a chance to respond, please take this opportunity to do so at [email protected]
It’s an undeniably weighty topic. Which is part of what made it perfect fodder for the monthly meeting of Missoula’s new City Club Missoula.
Fifty years ago, the 160-acre chunk of public land defined by South Avenue, Russell Street and Bancroft Street in Missoula was open fields holding only the town’s airport and its fairgrounds. Today, it’s a potpourri…
There’s an idea taking root in Missoula that may prove helpful toward smoothing out some of those snags. It’s called the City Club Missoula. It’s just in the formative stages, but it’s been conceived with the idea of creating of forum for civil discourse outside of the formal and frequently contentious arena of governmental hearings.
Collaborative Governance gives all parties with a stake in a public problem a say in how to resolve it.
What if, as a citizen, you were invited to a meeting and found yourself, not in an impersonal hearing room but at a conference table where work gets done. Imagine around this table some citizens, some representatives from industry, union people, farmers, environmental groups, and others affected by what happens along the coastline. Imagine the state official who called you together says that, instead of the government creating a plan that only some could live with, it is instead up to you. As a group you’re to hammer out a solution. That’s collaborative governance, and it feels much different from simply "listening to the public."
The next City Club Missoula luncheon is scheduled for Jan. 21. Please plan on attending…and bring a friend.
"It’s a way to be involved in the future of Missoula and the way it’s going," Olivier said. "Everyone can learn about what other people are doing, about our economy, our way of life and perhaps about being involved in Missoula’s growth, but also staying together as a community."
“We need a learning process to position ourselves for the future,” said Dr. Larry Swanson to an attentive audience. “Open discussion brings better leadership. The notion of the city club is to talk things over, to encourage discourse in an open forum.”
We are excited participating in the inaugural meeting of City Club Missoula. Many communities across the United States host City Clubs; some have been in existence for many years. The goal of City Club Missoula…
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Responder Alliance – Don’t let stress injury steal your passion
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts