University Business Plan Competitions
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
“Gov. Jim Doyle said during his 2002 campaign that he wanted to create a better entrepreneurial climate in Wisconsin, and he specifically mentioned a statewide Business Plan Contest as one way to do so,” said Secretary Nettles. “This first-ever contest is reaching out to entrepreneurs across Wisconsin – and tapping into ideas that can grow into businesses.
Wisconsin Business competitions give fuel to start-ups – Governor’s contest is state’s latest effort to spur job growth
"It is all about company creation," said Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council. "This is another way to spur technology transfer and company formation in Wisconsin."
MBA SHOWDOWN – Here Comes the Competition – The First Annual Fortune Small Business Business Plan Competition
The winners of our first annual MBA business-plan contest have fresh ideas, strong management skills, and money. So watch out. They could be your new rivals. By Elaine Pofeldt Fortune Small Business If you think…
Nine student directors from the U. run the challenge. They organize the competition, raise funds for the prizes and operating budget and coordinate efforts between the student teams and community professionals. The competition’s first year was 1999.
Ivory tower exercises? Not anymore. College business-plan contestants are all about seducing judges and launching companies.
VC for a Day-Being a judge at Wharton’s Business Plan Competition offers a peek at tomorrow’s startup ideas.
(Advice to would-be entrepreneurs: Hone your pitches to perfection. VCs are deluged with business plans, and they’re looking for reasons to throw them onto the reject pile.)
A team of students that developed a technology that automatically regulates glucose levels in the bloodstream of diabetic patients walks away with the $30,000 prize in the annual MIT entrepreneurship
"The five-member SmartCells team, made up of students from MIT and Harvard Business School, beat out a field of 118 teams, which had submitted plans on subjects including vehicle safety devices, semiconductors and alternative fuels. The competition has sparked the success of more than 60 companies including Akamai Technologies and others acquired by Cisco Systems, Broadcom and Ask Jeeves."
"The ideal participant is not a seasoned management team with advanced plans seeking easy access to seed capital. Universities are, after all, places of education – not ATMs for early stage financing. Rather, it is tomorrow’s entrepreneurs who look to these competitions as a way of learning through doing, with the bonus of a possibility at turning their idea into reality."
Author finds a hitch in business plan tradition- Business Plans not the key to success in Business Plan Competitions
The season is still young, and already we’ve seen business plans for a medical device to treat obesity, a one-stop shop for history buffs, a voice-mail system for small businesses, and a make-it-yourself dessert restaurant….
While Syracuse and Kansas battled for basketball dominance, teams of business students from four other universities were hunkered down in casino hotel rooms here, matching smarts and savvy in an academic exercise dubbed "the NCAAs…
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts