Regional Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Shaken by two years of turmoil in the forest products industry, community leaders in Bonners Ferry are exploring the idea of buying two local sawmills and running the mills themselves. Becky Kramer Staff writer The…
Officials bridge regional business gap- About 60 area economic leaders meet to discuss tri-state (IA, WI, IL) development
"But if tri-state area communities are to survive and thrive in the new economy, they had better get on the "regionalism" bus. At least that’s how many area economic development officials see it. (Those communities) have all said we couldn’t be where we are today if we weren’t working collaboratively."
"So many small businesses have great products, but they don’t think they have the resources," Brooke says. "I think there’s a lot of untapped potential in this region for exports."
"Depending on existing tax structures, each state is looking at different solutions." "With many jobs concentrated in the hardest-hit industries and few growing businesses to offset the declines, the Pacific Northwest will lag any recovery that takes shape in the U.S. this year."
"Three deep-pocketed venture investors and a real-estate developer are sinking $15 million to incubate startup biotech companies in Seattle and attract scientists from around the world with business ideas."
North Dakota Governor John Hoeven and Washington Governor Gary Locke each signed several important pieces of economic development legislation as their respective state legislatures wrapped up their sessions. Contact: Paul Kalomiris Economic and Technology Policy…
Purchase-order financing would help young companies fill big contracts, grow By Megan Cooley Spokane Journal of Business The Spokane Intercollegiate Research and Technology Institute is working on a program that would help fledgling companies fill…
Congress begins consideration of the Economic Development Administration (EDA) reauthorization legislation, which continues to include several initiatives to promote tech-based economic development. With the current authorization due to expire on September 30, 2003, the new…
Attorney Thelma Stiffarm appointed assistant administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of Native American Affairs.
"We are very fortunate to have Thelma Stiffarm on our team as an advocate for Native Americans across the country," SBA Administrator Hector Barreto wrote in a news release announcing her appointment. "With her long history of dedication to the interests of the Native American community, I know she will bring a strong sense of purpose to the job."
"The program would provide for designation of culture-zone areas, and calls for tax incentives for owners to improve properties and provide low rents for artists."
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts