Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The next City Club Missoula luncheon is scheduled for Jan. 21. Please plan on attending…and bring a friend.
"It’s a way to be involved in the future of Missoula and the way it’s going," Olivier said. "Everyone can learn about what other people are doing, about our economy, our way of life and perhaps about being involved in Missoula’s growth, but also staying together as a community."
As for making wealthy newcomers part of the ranching community, it means treating them like anyone else.
"Invite them into your home. Do not wait for them to issue the first invitation; introduce them around," Taylor said. "Include them in community functions. Even if they cannot always participate themselves, their managers and employees normally more than hold up their end in the community."
"Then we hope to help those ranchers improve their production and enhance Montana’s natural resources through common sense conservation."
Larimer project is big winner in grants from state – Great Outdoors Colorado awarded $11.6 million for grasslands purchase
"It’s the untouched Old West exactly as you might envision it," said Cameron, Larimer County’s open lands manager. "To know we’re going to save it is just awesome."
"What I’ve learned," said Heather Knight, "is that home is not a place where people live, it’s a place where people care, about the land, each other, and a shared future."
New research led by Dr. Lance Craighead, one of the world’s top grizzly bear authorities, is calling for the creation of a massive wildlife corridor on the east slope of the Rockies.
"I want my grandson, and his children, to be able to saddle up and ride across this ranch," he said. And he said he had come to understand that the wild creatures are a big part of what makes the land work. "Without them, it wouldn’t be the wild country that it is," he said.
"The Forbes family has managed the land for wildlife habitat for decades, and this will make it permanent," said Dan Pike of Colorado Open Lands.
Non-profit organizations are learning how to behave like corporations, thanks to a program that teaches them how to fish for funds
"We teach them how to do things for themselves, and how to turn the things that they know how to do already . . . into revenue-generating endeavors," said Bob Price, the center’s chairman.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts