Missoula Schools Excellence
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
"These awards are an investment in the young people who will shape the future of Montana," said Juneau.
President Obama enlists governors to raise the education bar. Proposes New Reading and Math Standards
"Because too many students are not learning the basic skills needed to succeed in college or work while they are in high school," the White House said in the statement, "the nation sacrifices more than $3.7 billion a year in lost productivity and remedial education costs."
In order to ensure the school’s academic integrity, Willard has a contract system. There are three types of contracts.
"My feeling is that America’s students can and will and must compete against students from anywhere," says Apostle in full Knute Rockne mode. "Not only compete, but win. That’s the type of system we’re trying to create here in the city of Missoula."
"Goal No. 1 is that all students will graduate," Apostle said. "That is a huge goal. A constancy of purpose will ensure this happens."
Missoula County Public Schools has been working with community leaders from a wide variety of local organizations to develop a lasting campaign to encourage students to stay in school through graduation.
Missoula County Public Schools superintendent, Alex Apostle, to roll out initiative to keep students in school
"Everyone’s invited, because everyone’s involved," said Apostle. "I want people to realize that the problem of keeping kids in school isn’t just a school thing. It’s an issue for everybody."
"The main feature of our program has always been the in-depth nature of it," said Megan McNamer, the program’s administrative director. "The students build this trusting relationship with the writer. It allows them to think and write more creatively, but beyond that, they just perform better in school."
We look forward to seeing a more focused plan of action on Jan. 19, when Apostle and others will present the initiative to the public at the University of Montana.
And we look forward to seeing the Missoula community follow that plan through to completion.
Missoula County Public Schools – Plan in works to keep kids in school – Pilot projects to improve education in community
“This is something that will be undertaken by the entire community, because it’s about the whole community. Keeping kids in school isn’t just the responsibility of schools and teachers and parents. It’s about the larger community, and that’s why we’re reaching out.” Alex Apostle
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts