Government and University TechTransfer
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Sandia National Laboratories is building a portfolio of intellectual property that can be licensed by businesses in as little as an hour.
"Their IPO is a tremendous accomplishment, and we’re looking forward to seeing the drugs reach the market for the benefit of cancer patients worldwide."
“In previous years, the survival rates of these UW start-ups was roughly 50-50,” Holt said. “Now it’s closer to 80 percent surviving. Not only are we getting more start-ups going now, but we’re launching ones that will last, and have a greater chance of success.”
Top 3 eye-catching inventions from U of M student entrepreneurs – Event To Spotlight UM Research Efforts, 11/1, University Of Montana
There are stories of famous entrepreneurs who never finished college – Bill Gates and Michael Dell come to mind – but the University of Michigan is banking that today students starting companies will want to stay in school if given the right resources.
Money donated to a new Gateway Crimson Innovation Fund http://www.techventures.utah.edu/tco/sponsorships.php will help push university inventions, such as medical devices and treatments, drugs, energy technologies and software, into the marketplace.
Unusual in that it straddles the line between academia and private enterprise, ASU SkySong made a major directional shift in 2010 from a university department intended to spark student interest in entrepreneurship to one directly charged with creating jobs, bringing to market the fruits of ASU research and contributing to statewide economic development.
Universities should encourage students to explore entrepreneurship through spinoffs as a potential career option outside of academia.
"The research also showed that successful entrepreneurial output requires more than a proficient technology transfer office with effective policies and a strong incentive system."
Among the projects funded were initiatives — all of them involving a university or other research institutes working in tandem with private firms — to improve liquid crystal devices, aerospace materials, medical imaging, cellular therapies and orthopedic surgery.
Experts say area labs don’t spark enough startup businesses
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts