Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The viability of a community is linked to its access and use of information and communications technologies. How are communities planning for technology?
A new survey of Boise residents and downtown workers shows significant demand for new housing choices in the city center — something that national experts say is critical to vibrant downtowns.
Psychologist Erik Erikson once warned against "an initial retirement holiday followed by a dangling and unproductive aging of many years’ duration." To help retirees avoid, or at least postpone, that "dangling and unproductive" period, civic groups could learn from wartime recruiting posters that read, "Uncle Sam wants you."
"When you see self-storage units, the most important thing to ask yourself is, what’s next?"
Pathways to Planning is a new on-line tool to help communities diagnose and address their planning issues and needs. The tool, which was developed by the Orton Family Foundation and the Vermont Forum on Sprawl,…
Learning From Paris’ Parks – There’s a common perception that Paris is an untouchable ideal, too lofty for other cities to absorb its lessons. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth.
"Oh… well that is Paris," meaning that no other city can compare. Our reply is that Paris is a laboratory for learning about all types of public spaces, both good and bad. Each individual public space, each building, and each street can teach us something important.
Traditional living, with a slightly modern twist – New developments are a modern interpretation of the self-contained
"It is the closest we could get to what we left behind," says John Hopton about retiring in a traditional neighborhood development, or TND, in Lynchburg, Va. By Deborah Nason | Contributor to The Christian…
Seeking to preserve the cultural heritage of Native Americans by applying and practicing permaculture techniques, a group of self-described back-to-the-landers are building what they hope will be a sustainable community northeast of Corvallis near Birch Creek.
Throughout the Bay Area and the rest of the nation, old-style neighborhood shopping districts are sprucing up and sprinkling national chains into their eclectic mix of independent merchants to keep bringing shoppers back.
The De-malling Of California – California’s de-malling movement turns white elephants into urban centers.
But if there is one thing we have too much of in this state, it is a suburban-era infrastructure that is quickly becoming obsolete. And so de-malling will likely to continue apace, as home prices skyrocket, department store chains merge, and Wal-Mart takes over the world.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts