Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Buffalo commons idea lingers – Making the Most of the American Prarie
Even Westerners aren’t as apt to scoff these days as population throughout the Great Plains continues to decline, just as they predicted.
Wealthy newcomers a dilemma for rural Montana Culture clash: A state promotional film seeks to ease the frictions with locals
”I can imagine how unsettling it is for Montanans, especially multigenerational Montanans, to see people come in and treat this like it’s some kind of suburban playground,” Roger Lang said from Sun Ranch
Mel Gibson Sells 45,000-Acre Montana Ranch to Neighbors on Handshake Deal; Price Undisclosed
"Pam and I were worried that if it got in the wrong hands, the valley would be subdivided and split up,"
The New Farmland Trend: Farms As Investments
The result: Here in the heart of the Corn Belt, a majority of the folks who own farmland are not themselves farmers.
Western unity – Groups usually on opposite sides of fence congregate to preserve the environment
Dan Kemmis, director of the Center for the Rocky Mountain West, introduced the possibility of a "Western Congress," so new policy directions might be set by those with a future in the preservation of the West, rather than coming from the nation’s capitol.
I-25 land latest jewel for conservationist
"There is no other place in the state where an entire drainage area will have been protected if they pull this off," said Fielder, a Macy friend. "It’s really the next big thing in Colorado."
Ranchland stampede – Urbanites’ rich offers tempt hard-toiling owners of Colorado countryside
"There will come a time when the profit of ranching is gone," says Susan Nottingham, 52. "Then what do you do with the land?
Colorado Preserves 80,000 Acres with Lottery Proceeds
GOCO was created by Colorado voters in 1992 and charged with using lottery proceeds to protect open space, parks and wildlife.
Canadians conserve thousands of acres near Glacier
"Fragmentation zones," Hillary said, are swaths of wildlands that are being cut off from one another by development. Were the lands north of Montana "fragmented," said Tembec’s Dennis Rounsville, "it would not bode well for the wildlife and the connectivity of the ecosystems."
Rancher teams with environmentalists – Cattle owner sees future with former enemy groups
"We’re looking for a group of ranchers who are ahead of the curve," White said. "Jim made the leap from the adversarial to becoming part of a team."
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts