Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Our singular goal is to create the largest, most imaginative prairie-based wildlife reserve in the world.
Way up in Montana, witness a magnificent wild place coming back to life. The American Prarie Foundation
The American Prairie Foundation has one of the most inspiring and ambitious plans for restoring and preserving America’s disappearing wild open spaces.
The American Prairie Foundation strung together about 31,000 acres of leased and deeded property and placed the 16 bison on some of that land in October. The foundation receives technical assistance from the World Wildlife Fund.
"Conservation easements keep land in private ownership, but protect public resources," Knapp said. "That’s a nice compromise."
In years past, whenever the five elected state officials pondered buying private land for state ownership, the opposition was sizeable, vocal and sometimes downright hostile.
The Grand Canyon Trust’s strategy had been to look amid Utah’s ancient russet cathedrals for lands that needed a long rest from grazing. If the rancher with the grazing rights wanted to relinquish them to the Interior Department, the trust would pay him to do so.
Goodloe is considered a pioneer in adaptive land management practices and his Carrizo Valley Ranch is a showcase for those techniques.
And when he couldn’t find a group interested in starting up a statewide rancher-run land trust, he started the Southern Rockies Agricultural Land Trust.
The trust protects more than 10,000 acres in New Mexico today.
"We fully expect this will outlive us, that this will be a national treasure that people who live around there will be proud of, that will be able to breathe new life into their communities," the wildlife fund’s Tom Lalley said. "And this will just be one hell of a cool place."
The APF, working with the World Wildlife Fund, envisions what eventually will be a 3.5 million-acre public-private prairie reserve rich with hundreds of bison, prairie dog towns and black-footed ferrets.
This country has wonders untold…
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Responder Alliance – Don’t let stress injury steal your passion
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts