Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
In response to the devastation, Otter this month has drummed up support for a statewide, citizen-led volunteer effort to rehabilitate all that torched land by replanting it with millions of sagebrush seeds. The greenish shrub is native to rangeland in Great Basin states such as Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and Nevada, where it’s the official state flower.
"It makes no sense – and the report agrees – for taxpayers to fund growing crops on these lands," said Scott Stevens, Ducks Unlimited conservation director.
Thus far in 2007 we have had more than 200 children visit the American Prairie Reserve from surrounding towns and around the country. Our hope is to steadily increase the numbers of youth visiting the Reserve annually and to become a meaningful force to help kids reconnect with nature.
We hope you enjoy this August newsletter and hope you will come experience some prairie adventure for yourself very soon.
New approaches such as APF’s — approaches that break out of the traditional land-management paradigms and leave the land open to public access — offer great hope for the region’s future.
Serengeti of Montana? Ambitious American Prairie Reserve takes shape south of Malta. “Believe it or not, there is such a place left.”
The American Prairie Reserve http://www.americanprairie.org/ is being assembled from ranch land, but genetically pure buffalo are grazing the landscape rather than cattle.
The grass seed is in high demand because of the trend to restore damaged land – gas-well pads, burned forests, highway strips and overgrazed property.
There’s an undercurrent of despair and even hopelessness in recent reports about global warming — a drift that carries a real risk of paralysis, the sense that it’s too late to do anything. But while our landscape is scarred by centuries of environmental abuse, there are also monumental environmental victories, and therefore hope.
At the root of the institute’s mission is giving people a greater sense of the beauty, wonder and uniqueness of prairie ecosystems. Using place-based education programs, the institute will attempt to foster a greater tie among educators, the community and the prairie.
Our new video is available for viewing on our website home page. Special thanks to Tom Brokaw for narrating the film and to Sandy Cannon-Brown and the Video Takes crew for producing it.
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Five Valleys Archery Club
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Alliance
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Bioscience Cluster Initiative
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana World Trade Center
- Prospera Business Network
- Responder Alliance – Don’t let stress injury steal your passion
- Zoot Enterprises
- Montana's Tech Hub Effort
- Montana Business
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts