Utah Business and Economic Development
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Utah has sweetened the pot as it tries to get filmmakers to shoot more productions in the state.
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development is busy, potentially fruitful to the tune of 10,000 new jobs
Incentives approved for 28 companies ultimately could lead to 10,000 new jobs, new state revenue of $476 million, capital investment of $2.7 billion and new wages of $4.6 billion over the next decade.
In December, after Barnes Aerospace hinted it might expand its Singapore plant rather than grow in Ogden, the Governor’s Office of Economic Development Board approved a $10.1 million incentive to entice the company to stay in Utah.
The company has said its new jobs will pay an average of $42,172, about 225 percent of the Iron County median wage, according to board documents.
Utah was behind only Michigan, Virginia, Colorado and Arkansas. Utah had 4.83 percent of all traffic to the 50 state tourism Web sites during the month.
Within five years, USU hopes to have similar community innovation centers at sites in Tooele, Uinta Basin, Snow College and the College of Eastern Utah, Chandler said.
Utah offers $1M ‘carrot’ a "key infrastructure company" to build a $5 million unit in Salt Lake City rather than Rock Springs, Wyo.
"To get 224 percent (of the county median wage) in the valley here is quite unusual," said Michael Nelson, in charge of corporate recruitment and incentives for GOED.
National program to help train next wave of skilled workers
Response to the session was so strong, Mr. Israelson, has offered to present a second series on Angel Term Sheets, to be scheduled for late fall.
Westminster visiting professor Mike Glauser, who has started several companies and worked as a business consultant, will direct the institute, which will focus on entrepreneurship in three areas: the development of new businesses, the creation of new products and services for existing companies; and the creation of enterprises aimed at addressing community needs.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Montana West Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- C-Pace – Property Assessed Commercial Energy Enhancement program.
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts