South Dakota News & Events
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
The SDTBC, located in Sioux Falls, S.D., is an on-going effort to diversify and grow the regional economy by assisting in creation and expansion of technology-based business in the area.
Current South Dakota law gives partial refunds of sales taxes and contractor’s excise taxes to large construction projects, but that law expires Dec. 31.
"Now we’re back and saying we want the best teachers to teach our children."
Seventy percent of South Dakotans attending one of the state’s six public universities will remain here after graduation to either work or pursue more education, the study found. And further, three out of every 10 out-of-state students also will remain in South Dakota once they graduate from the public universities.
The trouble is, it’s not nearly enough.
The initiatives at South Dakota State stem from a collaborative effort of colleges and departments throughout the university in support of the university’s strategic plan, "Achieving National Distinction, Strengthening Local Relevance."
"As leaders in your community it’s your job to find ways to make your community more presentable to prospects."
Critics say the situation appears to be financially lucrative for foster care providers, one of whom has ties with state officials, NPR reports.
South Dakota is home to several major credit card companies, including a subsidiary of Citibank. One of the main reasons is that the state, like several others, does not impose a cap on the interest rates that credit card banks can charge their customers. Former Governor Bill Janklow pushed for the no-cap policy in 1980, kicking off a race among states to lure credit card firms with attractive lending terms.
"We have everything here; we have the makings of a great biotech industry here."
Quarq, the brainchild of Dakota Rising Entrepreneur Fellow Jim Meyer, was created in 2006 when Meyer couldn’t find a bicycle power meter that met his requirements. So he invented his own.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- City of Bozeman Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Merrill Bradshaw Carpentry
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Prospera Business Network
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Senator Jon Tester
- Montana Governor Greg Gianforte
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts