Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
October is Manufacturing Month, and the Kalispell Chamber has dedicated this year’s events to educating the workforce about manufacturing jobs
Annual Flathead Timber Tour To Highlight Impact Wood Product Manufacturing Has On Flathead Economy – 10/25
The tour, which started in the 1990s, is the Flathead Valley’s celebration during the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation’s Montana Forest Products Week.
The Kalispell Chamber Board of Directors believes the 6 Mil levy is good for the welfare of all Montana communities as it keeps education affordable, which helps establish a skilled workforce for the state.
The Great Chief Award is the oldest and most prestigious award given by the Chamber, dating back to the early 1970’s. The award honors an individual who has continued to create a legacy for the Flathead Valley through their civic and volunteer spirit.
This luncheon will feature presentations from Kalispell Chamber staff on eight weeks of manufacturing programming and events this fall, before kicking off a panel of local manufacturing experts who have successfully addressed workforce challenges by implementing internship and apprenticeship programs.
The event, which will take place from 11:45am to 1:15pm, will highlight the new school’s 21st-century learning environments, which are better equipped to best educate students both now and into the future, as technology rapidly changes.
The City of Kalispell, Flathead County, Montana Department of Transportation, and Kalispell Chamber of Commerce have all come together to work congruently and develop a competitive application for the award estimated between $12-15 million.
During the weeklong event, the public will be able to share how they think the rail trail from Woodland Park west to Meridian Road along the former Great Northern Railway right-of-way should be designed.
The event will focus on tourism, its impacts on Flathead County’s economy, and activities and organizations working to increase tourism year-round.
The Kalispell Chamber of Commerce announced its support for a ‘yes’ vote for the upcoming $1M elementary school levy request on May 8.
- Corona Virus Information
- Come Home Montana
- MATR SPONSORS
- MATR SUPPORTERS
- Arrow Solutions Group
- Big Sky Commerce
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Great Falls Development Authority
- High Plains Financial
- iConnect Montana
- Kalispell Chamber of Commerce
- Montana Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Montana Technology Innovation Partnership
- Zoot Enterprises
- MEDA -Montana Economic Developers Association
- The Telecommuting and Gig Workforce in Montana
- Next Generation Broadband in Montana
- Montana Businesses Seeking Investment or For Sale
- Montana Business and Govt. Agency Collaboration Success
- Gov. Steve Bullock
- Montana Economic Development
- Choose Montana
- Opportunity Zones
- Montana Ambassadors
- Montana Business
- Visit Montana
- Developing Funding Opportunities in Montana
- Montana Manufacturing Extension Center
- Montana West Economic Development
- Developing a more Entrepreneurial Montana
- Developing an Angel Network in Montana
- Montana Biotech
- BUSINESS NEWS AND FUNDING
- 21st Century Education Initiative – "You Should Care…"
- STARS Montana Early Education Program
- Education News
- Montana Education/Business Partnerships
- University of Montana & Montana State University Tech Transfer
- University Business Plan Competitions
- Universities and Economic Development
- Missoula Schools Excellence
- Montana Education Excellence
- Rural Communities
- YOUR CAREER
- NORTH DAKOTA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WASHINGTON STATE
- Connectivity & Communications
- Miscellaneous Ramblings
- GIS Technology
- Cool Stuff That's Coming
- Energy and Climate Change
- Other Economies
- Economic Gardening
- TED and TEDX Talks
- VR/AR, Blockchain, Bitcoin, Artificial Intelligence and The Internet of Things
- Social Media, Connectivity & Communications
- Privacy, Hacking and Virus Alerts